Step 1: Create an Account
Open a browser and click on the registration link or enter the address below in the address bar
Registration link or https://smithshill-h.sentral.com.au/portal2/#!/register
- Fill out the details for creating your portal account, including a valid email address and password for accessing the portal after you have created your account
- Click ‘Create Your Account' when you are finished entering your details
Step 2: Log in to the Portal
After the initial step of creating your account, the address for the portal becomes
The site is optimized for Google Chrome so the use of that browser is recommended.
- Login to the portal using the username (valid email address) and password which you chose when created your account.
If you have forgotten your password or you simply want to change your password, click on the red-coloured link at the bottom of the login window which says ‘Forgot Password?' (see screenshot below).
Sentral student portal can be found here:
Student can access the Sentral portal by using their DEC username and password.
Students are reminded that when logging in to a school device from home that they need to enter their username as follows: username@detnsw
Enter your email address in the space provided then click on the ‘Send' button and you will be sent an email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Step 3: Add Access Key(s)
- For each child you have at the School, enter the access key that was sent you by email.
Every child has their own, unique student access key. So, for example, if you have two children at Smith's Hill, the school will send you two separate emails with an individual (and unique) access code for each child. In this example, a parent would then add each of these keys to gain portal access for all two children.
Access keys are sent by email to your email address in the school's database. It's important, therefore, that you keep our records up-to-date by notifying us of any changes to your email address. The best way to do that is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving details of your change of email address. Please state clearly your child's name, year group, your name and new details.
The portal offers parents a number of online services, including access to their child's academic results and reports, attendance records, timetables and activities. It's also used for electronic communication with your child's teaching and making appointments with teachers on the occasion of Parent-Teacher Interview evenings. Explanations for a child's absence from school (or lateness to school) can also be made conveniently, online, through the portal.
- If you have already registered and forgotten your username, it is the email address that you used to create your account. If you have any problems please email email@example.com
- The portal is best viewed with the Google Chrome browser. If you are having problems viewing the site with another browser please try using Google Chrome which you can download for free at https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser. There are known issues with the Firefox browser so please avoid using that browser when logging into the portal.